It's been rough. The details aren't really important at this point as everything's been wrapped up and fixed for the most part. Season 1 of "The Planet" or "Township" went swimmingly. I would have liked to get more mechanics (Savage Worlds) worked out and more sessions in but medical and family issues took up a lot of time up until recently. Now with summer approaching I have a few weeks to look over what happened and tweak the game for next semester.
What Happened / What I learned about Game Design; (for reference we are now running on the latest Savage Worlds RPG system)
- Don't give anyone else a spaceship.
- Drug addict Player Characters find some pretty weird stuff via the scavenging roll table.
- Mind bullets can't be insta-kill but need to be way more deadly.
- Little people with high Charisma skills / stats are dangerous.
- Lumberjacks are serious business.
- Jaycub and Toronto's Mayor have a lot in common.
- Flame Throwers are OP in this setting.
- Running people over is an effective means of introducing new Player Characters.
- The Savage Worlds Adventure Deck is the S*** !!!
- They really want to use the Romance Card on Vill or Nah.
- Driving and shooting can get confusing.
- Marscat are OP; make a Mega-evolution.
- The Forest needs to just eat people at random.
- "Everyone Must be a Horrible Person" is the best Character backstory rule ever.